Friday, October 21, 2022

Quick round-up of stuff

 

I have been remiss in publicising the 2022 Virtual Conference of the International Society for the Study of Egyptomania. I am speaking on the Sunday. I am not talking about the Doctor Who serial 'Pyramids of Mars'—that will be the subject of John J. Johnston's keynote, which immediately follows my paper. Instead, I am talking about some serials from ITV's rival to Doctor Who, The Tomorrow People.

I don't do as much reviewing as I used to for The Slings and Arrows Graphic Novel Guide, but one review, of Marvel Masterworks: Avengers 19, did come out a few months ago. This volume includes Avengers #200. I have expressed my opinion on Avengers #200 before (a 'big stonking faeces of a story'), and my views have not changed. Which is a shame, as the other stories here are okay.

Finally, in the most recent issue of Foundation I have a review of the Cartoon Museum's now finished Luther Arkwright exhibition, which I quite liked, but thought it could have been better.

No comments: